Clean Out and Junk Removal Tips and Ideas
It happens to everyone at one point or another. They wake up one day and they realize that they have way too much stuff. They reach a point when they need to get rid of the junk and clutter that has begun to appear all over the house. This is a process that is a lot easier said than done. The hardest part of this is deciding which things are to be kept and which things should go, then there is the decision of what to do with the things that are going.
Here are some great ways to help decide what stays and what goes.
• You want to figure out which things are used and which things aren’t. If you are keeping things around for a “just in case” reason, there is a good chance that they can go. There are also those things that you keep just because you spent money on them and you don’t even use them. These things that you keep just because “you spent money on them” are probably things that you don’t actually need to keep.
• There are a lot of different things in a home that people have multiples of. In most cases, having just one of them will suffice. Multiple kitchen appliances that do the same thing or multiple cosmetic tools are things that you probably only need one of. In all honesty, there is probably someone out there that could get a lot more use out of it than you.
• A great way to judge whether or not something in your home is clutter is to ask yourself whether or not you would bring it with you if you moved. When people move, there is a lot of things that they get rid of. If there are things that you would get rid of if you moved are things that are just not necessary to keep.
• Gifts from people that you didn’t like or don’t use are examples of things that we keep just because we feel obligated to keep. Just because someone bought it for you, doesn’t mean that you have to keep it. That ugly Christmas sweater that your aunt got you, that you never wear, is not something that you have to keep just because it was a gift. These types of things are more clutter than they are gifts.
Once you have gone through the process of figuring out what to keep and what to get rid of, there is the decision of what to do with them. There are a lot of options that people have when it comes to getting rid of their clutter and junk. These are some great ideas as to what to do with those things that you are ready to get rid of.
• Recycling is always a good idea when it comes to getting rid of anything. There is usually a recycling center near you that will take these things so that they can be turned into something else that is useful. This is a great idea so that we limit that amount of junk that ends up in our landfills.
• There are people everywhere that could use the things that you are going to get rid of. Donating these things is a great idea. Places like The Salvation Army and Goodwill are places that would love to take the things that you don’t want anymore. It is also a great way to do your good deed of the day and to help out a neighbor who is less fortunate than you.
• A yard or garage sale is also a great idea. It is a way to make some money back for all that stuff that you bought that you don’t need or those gifts that you got that you never used or wore. They are also a lot of fun and a great way to spend your weekend.
There are going to be somethings that are just going to go in the garbage and that is ok too. This is going to be a process that will be liberating and improve the feeling in your home. It is always nice when you get your house all clean and organized. It is better for you and your family when you free your household of all the things that you just don’t need to keep around.